Steamed tilapia is topped with diced tomatoes, olive oil, fresh basil, salt and pepper. This is a light and fresh summer meal that can be prepared and ready to eat in just a few minutes.
- 4 (4 oz) tilapia fillets (I used frozen)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped basil (fresh)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into Instant Pot. Place the steamer basket into the pot. Place tilapia into steamer basket. Lightly salt and pepper the fish.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes on high pressure for frozen fish or 2 minutes for fresh fish.
- While the fish is steaming, dice the tomatoes and place them in a bowl. Stir in the garlic, basil olive oil, salt and pepper. If desired throw in a splash of balsamic vinegar. Let it sit until the fish is done.
- Perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting. Check the fish for doneness. It should be at least 145 degrees F. Carefully scoop the fish onto plates and then top each serving with a large portion of the tomato mixture. One option is to serve the fish on top of quinoa or rice.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 223 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 20 g
Keywords: low carb, fish, healthy