A true one pot meal! The chicken, sauce and noodles are all cooked at the same time in minutes in your electric pressure cooker. The noodles are enveloped in a mild creamy peanut and lime sauce and the peanuts, cilantro and red bell peppers give texture and color. A delicious and easy recipe to make any night of the week.
- 2 tsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth (or 2 cups water and 2 tsp better than bouillon chicken base)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup snipped cilantro
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. When the display says HOT add in the oil. Add in the chicken and saute for about 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the chicken broth and deglaze the pot. Add in the soy sauce and red pepper. Break the noodles in half and add them to the pot. The liquid should cover the noodles almost completely.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up move the valve to venting.
- Open the pot and stir in the lime juice and peanut butter. There will be a bit of liquid in the pot but it will get absorbed fairly quickly. Stir in the bell pepper and cilantro.
- Scoop noodles into bowls and top each one with 2 Tbsp of peanuts and additional cilantro, if desired.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Chicken: I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs that I cut into bite-size pieces (that way they cook at the same rate as the noodles). I buy my chicken thighs in a bag at Costco in the freezer section for about $2.00 per pound. You can also use chicken breast for this recipe.
Better than Bouillon Chicken Base: I love this stuff! I use it in any recipe that calls for chicken broth. I combine 1 cup of water with 1 tsp of the chicken base. It works well because it comes in a small jar that you can keep if your fridge for months.
Soy sauce: You’ll definitely want to use a low sodium soy sauce or a tamari sauce for this recipe. Regular soy sauce will make the noodles too salty.
Pasta: I used whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles. You can use regular white spaghetti noodles if you’d like. I just prefer using whole wheat pasta when I can.
Lime juice: I used a quarter cup of fresh lime juice. This definitely gave the noodles a lime-y flavor…which I love. If you are unsure if you want that much lime flavor start with 2 Tbsp of lime juice and go from there.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot