Better than just the typical Velveeta Rotel Dip! This dip adds something more with sausage and a secret ingredient.
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (.87 oz) package McCormick Pork Gravy Mix
- 10 oz Velveeta, cubed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté (MORE) setting. When display says hot add in the sausage and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Add in the milk and the gravy mix and scrape the bottom of the pot so that all the browned bits are released. Once the gravy starts boiling turn the sauté setting to LESS and let it simmer 2 minutes.
- Stir in the Velveeta, tomatoes and green chiles until cheese is melted.
- Turn Instant Pot to KEEP WARM setting and serve dip straight out of Instant Pot. The Instant Pot will keep the dip warm. Serve dip with tortilla chips.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Place raw sausage in the bottom of a 3-5 quart slow cooker. Use a spoon to break it up.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2-4 hours or on HIGH for 1 1/2-2 hours (depending on how hot your slow cooker cooks), or until the sausage is cooked through. Drain off any grease.
- Add in the gravy mix, milk, Velveeta, tomatoes and green chiles. Stir and then cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Stir until creamy and then turn slow cooker to WARM setting. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Category: Dip
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker