- 1/2 cup water or beef broth
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, beef chuck steaks or beef stew meat
- 1 1/2 cups picante sauce (I use mild)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Green onions for garnish, optional
- Add water or broth to the Instant Pot. Add beef into the pot. Pour picante sauce on top of the beef. Add in the brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes per inch of thickness of the meat. For stew meat use 20 minutes. If you use a roast that is 3 inches thick then you’d set the time to 60 minutes. Allow time for a full natural pressure release or at least 20 minute natural pressure release. Remove the lid.
- Remove the meat and shred on a platter. Drizzle some of the juices from the Instant Pot over the meat.
There are lots of ways you can eat this meat. Plain, with baked potatoes or mashed potatoes, over salad, in tacos, over rice, etc.
If your meat is frozen add 10 extra minutes of pressure cooking time.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot