You’ll just need a handful of ingredients and a few minutes to make this creamy lemon and tarragon flavored sauce and chicken. Serve the chicken and sauce over rice, quinoa, potatoes or noodles.
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts or bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 (10.5 oz) can Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp cold water
- Add ingredients. Add broth and chicken to the Instant Pot. Dump the cream of chicken soup on top of the chicken. Add in the garlic powder, tarragon and Dijon mustard.
- Pressure cook. Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to:
- 10 minutes for thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 minutes for frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 15 minutes for thawed boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 18 minutes for frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 20 minutes for thawed bone-in chicken thighs
- 22 minutes for frozen bone-in chicken thighs
- Pressure release. If you have time ideally you would do a full natural pressure release**. If you don’t have time you can let the pot sit there for 10 minutes after the cooking time is up and then move the valve to venting. Open the pot.
- Thicken the sauce. Add in the lemon juice. Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté setting. In a small bowl stir together the cornstarch and water until it is smooth. Stir the mixture into the pot. Stir a bit until the sauce is thickened. If you are using boneless chicken you may want to shred it or cut it into pieces.
- Serve. Serve the chicken and sauce over rice, noodles, potatoes or quinoa.
**Full natural pressure release is when the cooking time is over and you leave the valve closed and allow the pressure to decrease without doing anything. Your pot will automatically switch to the Keep Warm setting. A natural pressure release can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes depending on how full pot the pot is. When the pressure is released, the float valve will drop and the lid will unlock. There is no beep or signal when the pressure is released. I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. To make gluten free: Double check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Also, “Pacific” brand makes a gluten-free carton of cream of chicken soup that is a great substitute. You can also search up homemade cream of chicken recipes.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe with boneless, skinless thighs
- Calories: 431
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 692 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Protein: 35 g