Seasoned saucy chopped chicken spooned into taco shells with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts (or a combination)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup salsa
- For serving the tacos–12 taco shells, 1 ½ cups shredded lettuce, 1 cup chopped tomato, ¾ cup shredded cheddar, 12 Tbsp sour cream
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the olive oil and swirl it around. Add in the onion. Saute for about 4 minutes. Then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds.
- Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot. Turn off the saute setting. Add in the chicken and sprinkle it with the chili powder, cumin and oregano.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes (thawed chicken) or 15 minutes (frozen chicken). When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Place chicken on cutting board and chop. Add it back into the Instant Pot. Pour in the salsa. Coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Scoop into taco shells and top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream.
To make in the slow cooker: Saute the onion in the oil over medium heat in a pan on the stove for about 4 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Add mixture to slow cooker. Add broth, chicken, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove the lid. Place chicken on cutting board and chop. Add it back into the Instant Pot. Pour in the salsa. Coat the chicken with the sauce. Scoop into taco shells and top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Use the same recipe for an 8 quart (increase broth amount to 1 cup) or a 3 quart pot.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker