Basic but delicious taco soup that can be made quickly in your electric pressure cooker. Everyone needs this recipe up their sleeve for those busy weeknights.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth (or 1 cup water + 1 tsp Better than Bouillon Beef Base)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can kidney beans (or pinto beans or black beans)
- 1 (12 oz) package of frozen corn
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: grated cheddar, sour cream and corn chips, for serving
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. When the display says HOT add in your ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon. Brown the beef and then drain off any excess grease.
- Deglaze the pot with the beef broth.
- Pour kidney beans into a strainer and rinse. Add in the corn and run hot water over the top of the corn for a minute. Shake off excess water. Add beans and corn to the Instant Pot.
- Add in the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Sprinkle the taco seasoning on top. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes on high pressure. Let the pressure release for 10 minutes naturally and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid and stir. Add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with cheddar, sour cream and corn chips.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe can be gluten free. Just check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Double check your taco seasoning.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup of soup
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 1083 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Protein: 21 g