All the yummy flavors from tacos in a bowl of pasta. An easy weeknight dinner recipe that doesn’t take much time to get on the table.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 pound pasta (macaroni, cavatappi, rotini and penne all work)
- 1 (14.5 oz can) crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- 1 bell pepper (your choice of color), cored and diced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped cilantro
- 1 (14 oz) can of corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced olives, drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting (MORE). When the display says HOT add the ground beef and break it up*. Add in the taco seasoning. Brown the ground beef until no pink remains. Drain off any excess grease.
- Deglaze the pot by pouring in the beef broth and scraping the bottom of the pot.
- Add in pasta and use a spoon to even it out into one layer that is almost all covered with liquid. Evenly pour the crushed tomatoes over the top, don’t stir.
- Cover your Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. If your pasta has too much liquid you can make a cornstarch slurry to thicken it. Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. In a small bowl stir together 1 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1-2 Tbsp of water, until smooth.Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly.
- Stir in the peppers, cilantro, corn, olives, cheddar and tomatoes. Scoop into bowls and top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and guacamole.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot