If you love tacos and you love meatloaf then you’ll love this Instant Pot Taco Meatloaf. Ground beef is combined with crushed tortilla chips, salsa, and taco seasoning. With only 5 ingredients and the help of your Instant Pot dinner will be on the table in no time!
- 2 pounds raw lean ground beef
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup salsa or picante sauce (plus more for serving)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2–3 Tbsp taco seasoning (depending on how seasoned you like it)
- Optional: grated cheddar, sour cream, shredded lettuce and sliced olives
- Combine the beef, tortilla chips, salsa, eggs and taco seasoning in a large bowl. Use gloved hands* or clean hands to mix until combined.
- Form the mixture into a round loaf that fits inside an oven safe dish that fits in your Instant Pot. I used this pan*.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place a trivet* in the bottom of your pot. Place the meatloaf pan on top of the trivet.
- Cover your pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 28 minutes (if you’re halving the recipe use only 20 minutes). When the time is up you can perform a quick release. Measure the temperature of the middle of the meatloaf and make sure that it is to at least 160°F. (I use this instant read thermometer*).
- Baste the top of the meatloaf with about ¼ cup of salsa and if desired a ¼ cup of grated cheddar and put it under your oven’s broiler for 4 minutes. Then slice it and serve with optional sour cream, lettuce and olives.
To make in the slow cooker: Form the loaf and place it on the bottom of your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours. Test for doneness. This recipe can be gluten free. Make sure to use corn tortilla chips that are labeled gluten free. I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also use an 8 quart pot for this recipe.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot