- 1 pound 85/15 ground beef
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce (I used mild)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1–2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown the ground beef (I did this step on the stove but you can also use your Instant Pot on sauté setting). Stir in the cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in the enchilada sauce and the crushed tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the cottage cheese, sour cream and egg.
- In a 7 inch by 4 inch pan* (or you can use a 3 quart Instant Pot liner) add a little of the meat sauce to barely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Then layer the following 3 times: 2 noodles (broken to fit), ⅓ of the cottage cheese mixture, ⅓ of the meat sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheddar on top. Cover the pan with foil.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the pan on top of a trivet/sling. Lower it into the Instant Pot.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When time is up you can release the pressure immediately or you can let it sit in the pot on warm for up to 2 hours (it stays warm and ready to eat!). Remove the lid.
- Scoop up onto plates and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot