Ground beef and pork sausage are seasoned well and formed into meatballs and then cooked quickly in your pressure cooker. A creamy gravy smothers the meatballs for a delicious dinner you’d love to have any day of the week.
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (0.87 oz) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, ketchup, bread crumbs, parsley, worcestershire, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt and chili powder. Crumble the meats over the mixture and use your clean or gloved hands to mix well.
- Pour 1 cup of beef broth into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Shape the meat mixture into meatballs and place in the bottom of the pot. I formed mine fairly large and there were 9. If you need to you can stack them on top of each other.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes on high pressure. After the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Carefully scoop the meatballs on to a platter and tent with foil.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting and whisk in the package of gravy mix. Whisk well. Bring it to a boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove the inner pot from the Instant Pot and set on the counter for a couple minutes and then stir in 1/2 cup of sour cream. (If you try to stir in the sour cream when it is ultra hot it will curdle). Season to taste.
- Serve gravy over the top of meatballs. Enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This makes 9 large meatballs. You can also make a smaller size and stack them on top of each other.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1 meatball with gravy
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 636 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 17 g