Chicken tenderloins and rice simmered in orange juice and seasoned with turmeric makes a bright yellow, sunny dish that has great flavor and takes only minutes to prepare.
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 2 cups uncooked converted rice
- 1 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pour orange juice and water into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice. Sprinkle in the ground mustard, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Season the chicken with turmeric, ½ teaspoon of kosher salt and pepper and place into the pot on top of the rice.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting.
- Serve chicken and rice and top with chopped parsley, if desired.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot