Juicy cheeseburgers made in your Instant Pot!
- 1 1/2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 onion cut into thick, chunky slices
- 4 thick slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Optional toppings: pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, mayo
- In a bowl combine beef, Worcestershire, onion powder, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 4 balls. Gently flatten into patties about ¾ inch thick.
- Pour 1 cup of water into Instant Pot. Place a trivet* in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the onion chunks on top of the trivet evenly. Gently place the patties on top of the onions.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes. Then release any remaining pressure and open the pot. Check that the internal temp of the patties is at least 160°F.
- Place the cheddar slices on top of the patties and then cover the pot and let the cheese melt for about 60 seconds. Open the pot and place patties on top of buns and serve with toppings If desired, serve burgers with a few of the onion slices on top.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Use an 8 quart pot with no changes.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot