- Asparagus spears, washed and trimmed (I made 7)
- 1 cup water
- Place trivet or steamer basket in bottom of Instant Pot. Pour 1 cup water in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place asparagus across the top of the trivet or in steamer basket. If needed, you can cut them in half.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press the manual pressure cook button to 0 minutes on LOW PRESSURE.
- The pressure will build (mine took 5 minutes) and then the timer will beep. Once the one minute is up turn the valve to “venting.” Open the pot and enjoy your asparagus! I serve mine simply with butter and salt and pepper.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.