The best beef sandwich with provolone cheese, garlic mayo, onions, mushrooms and green peppers piled on top of a hoagie roll.
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 pound eye of round roast
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 large onion, cut into thin slices
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and sliced into strips
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 6 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- In a small bowl stir together the kosher salt, rosemary, thyme, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.
- Pat the roast dry and cut off any excess fat. Press the seasonings all over the meat.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Place roast in the pot and brown for 5 minutes on one side and then flip over and brown for 5 minutes on the opposite side. Move to a plate.
- Pour the broth into the pot and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Add the roast back into the pot and place the onions and mushrooms around it.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 25 minutes. Move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Place the meat on a cutting board and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Add the green peppers into the Instant Pot with the liquid. Cover the pot and let the pot sit on warm to soften up the peppers.
- Combine the mayo and garlic together in a little bowl. Spread one side of each hoagie with a tablespoon of the mayo.
- Use a serrated bread knife to slice the meat across the grain as thin as possible. The middle part of the roast should still be a little pink.
- Place the 2 slices of cheese on each open hoagie roll. Place the rolls on a pan and toast the bread under your oven’s broiler (about 3 minutes).
- Pile some of the meat onto each of the hoagies and use a slotted spoon to add peppers, onions and mushrooms on top of the sandwich.
- Salt and pepper, if needed. Eat and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot