Protein packed egg bites with a velvety smooth texture like the kind you order at Starbucks (but for a fraction of the price)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Any mix ins you like: basil, chopped tomatoes, diced ham, bacon bits etc.
- Add eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt and salt to a blender. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Spray two silicone egg molds* with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill each cup ¾ full. If you want to add in any mix-ins drop them evenly into each cup.
- Cover each mold with foil. Stack the molds on a trivet/sling* in an off-set manner so that the cups are not directly on top of each other.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Drop the sling into the pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the STEAM button to 12 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 8-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the sling from the pot. Remove the foil from the pans. Invert the molds onto a plate and pop out the egg bites. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Microwave for 30 seconds when ready to eat.
This recipe makes enough to fill two egg bite molds. If you don’t have 2 molds then use halve the recipe and pressure cook for 8 minutes with a 10 minute natural pressure release.
If you want a completely creamy consistency add the cheese into the blender. If you’d rather have more texture then add the cheese in after you have blended the eggs.
You can freeze egg bites. To reheat: wrap an egg bite in a paper towel or napkin and microwave for 60-90 seconds.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot