If you’re looking for a lower calorie and lower carb way to enjoy mac and cheese this recipe is for you. Spaghetti squash is cooked quickly in your electric pressure cooker and then a cheesy sauce is stirred in with the squash strands to make a comforting meal.
- 1 spaghetti squash (small enough to fit in your Instant Pot when cut in half)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups grated cheddar (I like sharp)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Use a paring knife to cut your spaghetti squash in half crosswise (not lengthwise).
- Use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds and gunk.
- Pour a cup of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place the trivet in the bottom of the pot.
- Place the squash halves on top of the trivet. They can face up or down. You may have to maneuver them around to fit.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual (high pressure) timer to 7 minutes. Once the timer beeps remove the pressure quickly by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the lid and use a towel or hot pad to remove the squash. Use a fork to shred the flesh of the squash into long spaghetti-like strands.
- Dump the water out of your Instant Pot and remove the trivet. Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. Melt the butter and add in the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Once butter is melted add in the flesh of the spaghetti squash. Coat the squash with the butter and seasonings. Then turn off the Instant Pot.
- Stir in the cheeses until melted and creamy. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Keywords: keto, low carb