A hamburger casserole with beans, tomatoes, green chiles and orzo pasta. A fast recipe with only a 1 minute pressure cooking time.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup diced onion or 2 Tbsp dried onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 oz dry orzo pasta
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onion and jalapeno. Brown for about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Drain off any excess grease. Then stir in the salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin to coat the meat.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Sprinkle in the orzo evenly, do not stir.
- Dump the tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, beans and green chiles on top. Do not stir.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up perform a quick release.
- Stir well. Sprinkle the cheese on top and let it melt (you can use an air fryer lid to melt the cheese).
- Serve and enjoy. Top with a dollop of sour cream and salsa, if you’d like.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot