A loose meat sandwich seasoned with southwest flavors and then topped with cheese, avocado and tomato. A perfect dinner or lunch to feed a crowd.
- 1 pound lean or extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 chipotle pepper canned in adobo sauce, diced
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce (from the chipotle chili can)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Mayo, sliced tomato, sliced avocado, sliced cheese (I used colby jack)
- Buns, for serving
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up*. Add in the salt, pepper and onion. Brown for about 4-5 minutes. Turn off the saute setting. Add in the beef broth and scrape the bottom of the pot.
- Dump in the diced chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, garlic powder, cumin and tomato sauce. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit there for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cilantro and lime juice.
- Slice the buns in half and toast them. Spread a little mayo on each bun. Scoop some of the meat mixture on top of each of the buns. Top each sandwich with tomato, avocado and cheese. Eat and enjoy!
You can easily double or triple this recipe to serve a crowd.
If you want to make it a little less spicy then leave out the adobo sauce.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Southwestern