Egg noodles, hamburger, tomato sauce, cottage cheese, sour cream and cheddar cheese all baked into a comforting dinner. Use your Instant Pot to help speed up making this classic casserole.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease, if needed. Stir in garlic salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and minced onion.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the egg noodles and press down with a spoon. They won’t all be in the liquid, it’s okay.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in 1 of the cans of tomato sauce.
- In a bowl stir together the cottage cheese and sour cream. Spread the mixture over the top of the noodles in a layer.
- Spread the other can of tomato sauce over the top of the sour cream mixture.
- Cover Instant Pot with air fryer lid and bake for 5 minutes at 350° F. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 3 more minutes. (If you don’t have an air fryer lid simply cover the pot with the normal lid and set to the keep warm button. Let it sit for 10 minutes and melt the cheese and warm through. You can also bake in a casserole dish for 20 minutes at 350° F.)
- Scoop up and serve.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid