Tender chicken in a creamy sour cream and green chile sauce with tortillas and cheese.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 (6 inch) flour tortillas, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- Add chicken into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the salt, pepper, smoked paprika, oregano, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir to coat the chicken in the seasonings.
- Pour in the broth and green chilies.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- In a small bowl stir the flour into the melted butter until smooth and creamy.
- Move chicken to a cutting board.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. Stir the flour mixture into the Instant Pot to thicken the sauce. While the sauce is thickening, chop or shred the chicken. Return the chicken into the pot.
- Turn off Instant Pot. Stir in the sour cream, tortillas and cheese.
- Scoop onto plates and serve topped with fresh salsa.
Slow Cooker Instructions: Add chicken, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, oregano, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder into the slow cooker. Stir to coat chicken in the seasonings. Pour in broth and green chiles. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Turn slow cooker to high. In a small bowl stir the flour into the melted butter until smooth and creamy. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker. Let the sauce thicken for 20-30 minutes. Shred the chicken. Stir in the sour cream, tortillas and cheese. Scoop onto plates and serve topped with fresh salsa.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot