Old fashioned, classic potato salad like Grandma used to make! It’s made easier with the help of your Instant Pot.
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 5 eggs
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- 6 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup diced garlic dill pickles
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- Place a baking sheet in the freezer to chill. Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Add potatoes into a steamer basket and drop the basket into Instant Pot. Crack the eggs into an oven safe dish/bowl that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place the dish on top of the potatoes.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Remove the egg bowl and the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on the chilled baking sheet. Sprinkle the vinegar over the potatoes. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to let potatoes cool for about 10-15 minutes. Place the eggs in the refrigerator to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl stir together the green onions, pickles, celery, mayo, mustard, celery seed, kosher salt and pepper.
- Dump the eggs onto a cutting board and chop. Add the eggs in with the mayo mixture.
- Once potatoes are cooled add them into the bowl and toss well until all potatoes are coated with dressing.
- Eat and enjoy! Save leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week.
If your eggs are not completely cooked after pressure cooking with potatoes just pressure cook the eggs in their dish on top of a trivet for an extra minute with a quick release.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot