An easy all in one pot meal of smoked sausage, potatoes, onion and cabbage. Dump everything into the pot and walk away!
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup of sliced onions
- 1 (12 oz) package of precooked smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 pound (about 3 medium) yellow or red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 small head of cabbage, cut into chunks
- 3 Tbsp butter, cut into 6 pieces
- Pour chicken broth into the Instant Pot. Then add in the onion slices, smoked sausage, potatoes, cabbage and finally the butter. Toss a bit and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot and lock the lid into place. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Scoop into serving bowls and enjoy! Salt and pepper to taste.
Optional: If you like the browned taste and look of the sausage you can brown the sausage using the saute setting. Turn the pot on the saute setting and melt 1 Tbsp of the butter. Then add sliced pieces of sausage and brown each side for 2 minutes.
Optional: After the food has cooked you can make a sauce/gravy with the remaining juices in the pot. In a small bowl stir together 1-2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1-2 Tbsp of water, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot