Soy sauce and brown sugar marinated chicken thigh pieces cooked quickly in your Instant Pot. A flavorful chicken that tastes great over rice.
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp dry minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- 4–6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup water
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, onion, garlic powder, ginger, pepper, oregano, crushed red pepper and smoked paprika into Instant Pot liner. Stir well.
- Trim the thighs of excess fat and cut them into bite size pieces. Add the chicken pieces into the Instant Pot liner and stir well to coat the chicken in the mixture.
- Place the Instant Pot liner with the chicken in it into the refrigerator and let the chicken marinate for an hour.
- Stir the chicken well. Pour in the water and stir. Place Instant Pot liner into the Instant Pot base.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting.
- Stir the chicken and serve it over rice.