Equipment needed: 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot, kitchen shears, deep pot in pot dish, trivet/sling
- 6 strips of uncooked bacon
- 1 cup diced onion
- ¼ cup water
- 16 oz frozen hash browns
- Salt and pepper
- 5 eggs
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheese (of your choice, I used colby jack)
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. While it is heating up cut the bacon into ½ inch pieces. I use kitchen shears* for this step. When the display says hot add the bacon and onions into the pot. Cook until bacon is crispy.
- Pour in the water and scrape the bottom of the pot until clean. Turn off the Instant Pot. Toss the hash browns into the pot and toss well so they are coated in the bacon grease. Salt and pepper well the hash browns.
- Add the hash browns into a pot-in-pot dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray (I used the fat daddios 7×4 inch pan*). Make 5 small wells in the hash browns with the back of a spoon. Crack the 5 eggs into each of the wells. Sprinkle the eggs with the kosher salt and pepper.
- Clean out the Instant Pot. Pour 1 cup water into bottom of cleaned out Instant Pot. Place the pot-in-pot dish on top of a trivet/sling*. Lower the sling and dish into the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes for runny eggs and 15 minutes for harder set eggs. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of eggs and cover the Instant Pot and let it sit for 5-10 more minutes on the warm setting while the cheese melts.
- Serve with a few drops of tabasco sauce. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot