A flavorful hearty soup with chunks of sausage, lentils, rice, fire roasted tomatoes and seasonings. Give it a shot for dinner this week!
- 1 pound ground sausage (you can use pork or turkey sausage)
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 cup diced or grated carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup uncooked lentils
- ½ cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (14 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground sausage and break it up*. Add in the onion. Brown the sausage for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease using a colander. Add the sausage back into the pot. Stir in the garlic. Turn off the Instant Pot. Add in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot to make sure there is no food sticking to the pot.
- Add in the carrots, celery, oregano, basil, lentils, rice, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the SOUP button to 5 minutes (if you don’t have a soup button use the manual/pressure cook button). When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Stir the soup. Salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot