Soft granny smith apples, topped with a buttery crumble top, salted caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 3 granny apple smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- Salted caramel ice cream topping (I used Smucker’s Simple Delight Salted Caramel Topping)
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Add apples into a pot-in-pot pan (I used 7×3 inch Fat Daddios Cake Pan). Drizzle a tablespoon of caramel over the top of the apples.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugars, butter and salt. The mixture will be crumbly but stay together when squeezed. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the apples. Drizzle a tablespoon of caramel over the top of the crumble topping. Cover the pan with foil.
- Add 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place pan on a trivet/sling and lower the pan into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 18 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Remove the pan and foil.
- Scoop into bowls and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and then drizzle each serving with a tablespoon of salted caramel.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes (with 5-10 minute NPR)
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot