Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken is the perfect recipe to have in your back pocket on those days when you don’t have the time or energy to cook. With just 2 ingredients this recipe is quick and easy. It tastes great and can be served in many ways including over rice, in tacos, burritos or quesadillas or on top of salad.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 (16 oz) jar Herdez brand salsa verde (mild)
- 1/2 cup water
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot. Pour the salsa verde and water over the top.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes (thawed chicken) or 15 minutes (frozen chicken) on high pressure.
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes (display will read L0:05) and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Use tongs to move the chicken to a cutting board. Shred* the chicken. Then stir it back into the Instant Pot.
- Use chicken in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, over rice, in salad or plain.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 466 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 31 g
Keywords: 2-ingredients, instant pot