A creamy, cheesy and indulgent potato dish that you can make in your Instant Pot at home for a fraction of the cost you’d spend at the restaurant.
- 1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup evaporated milk or heavy cream
- 1 tsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Slice the potatoes 1/8 inch thick. Add the potatoes into a steamer basket. Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Lower the steamer basket into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute on high pressure. When time is up move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the steamer basket and set it aside. Dump out the water and dry out the Instant Pot liner.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the onions. Sauté onions until they are soft and translucent. Add in the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the the milk/cream and the chicken base. Stir until chicken base has dissolved. Fold in the potatoes, salt and pepper. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle the cheeses on top and place an air fryer lid on top. Bake at 350° F for 3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid