A quick and easy pressure cooker recipe with whole garlic cloves, chicken thighs and a homemade gravy that you’ll want to lick off the plate.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, broken into cloves and peeled
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 small to medium boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the oil and the garlic cloves. Saute for about 3 minutes, until the garlic starts to brown. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Pour in the broth and vinegar. Add in the bay leaf, chicken, thyme rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to place the chicken on a plate. Use a potato masher to mash the garlic into the gravy.
- Stir the flour into the melted butter a little at a time until it is creamy and smooth. Stir a half cup of the broth from the pot into the butter/flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Scrape the butter/flour mixture into the pot and whisk well. Let the flour thicken the gravy a bit and cook out the raw flour taste. Then cancel off the saute setting.
- Serve the chicken with gravy over the top. This tastes great over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot