A dump and go recipe that takes just a few minutes to cook. Tubular pasta is cooked with sausage and a luscious tomato-cream sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese for the kids and goat cheese for the adults…yum!
- 1 (12 oz) package of Italian-style smoked sausage (see note)
- 1 (16 oz) box of rigatoni or ziti
- 3 ¾ cups beef broth
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- Grated mozzarella or goat cheese crumbles, for serving
- Slice the sausage into quarter inch rounds. Add the sausage in an even layer in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Dump in the pasta in an even layer on the top of the sausage. Pour beef broth into the Instant Pot.
- Dump in the tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste, basil and red pepper flakes. Don’t stir.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Stir.
- Temper the cream by adding a spoonful of sauce into it and stirring. Then stir the cream into the Instant Pot. If adding in peas, do it now. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop onto serving plates and top with mozzarella or goat cheese.
I used a pre-cooked Italian style chicken smoked sausage product. Use whatever you like best! If you want you can also use ground uncooked Italian sausage. Just make sure to brown it using the saute setting before adding in the broth and pasta.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian