Creamy mashed potatoes are served with ranch seasoned pork chops and gravy. All made in one pot!
For the potatoes:
- 2 ½ pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
For the pork chops:
- 4 (1 inch thick) boneless pork chops
- 2 Tbsp ranch dressing mix
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- Place potatoes, garlic, bay leaf and 1 cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Spread them out so they are in an even layer.
- Rub the pork chops with the ranch dressing mix on all sides. Place them in an oven safe dish that fits in side your Instant Pot (I used this fat daddios pan*). Spoon the cream of chicken soup over the top of the pork chops.
- Place the pan on a trivet with handles.* Lower it into the pot on top of the potatoes.
- Cover Instant Pot and lock the lid into place. Set valve to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes. Then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Lift the pan and trivet out of the pot and set aside. Use a colander to drain the potatoes of any remaining water. Discard the bay leaf. Dump potatoes back into Instant Pot liner. Add butter into the potatoes. Mash the potatoes and then add in the milk, salt and pepper. Mash until creamy.
- Place the pork chops on a platter and then whisk the sauce that remains in the pork chop pan. Serve the pork chops and mashed potatoes with the sauce.
I used a 6 quart pot for this recipe. You can use an 8 quart pot, just add 1.5 cups of water in with the potatoes instead of 1 cup.
If you’re worried about meat doneness use a digital thermometer to make sure that the pork chops are at least 145°F when you open the pot.
Recipe adapted from Real Mom Kitchen
- Category: Pork
- Method: Instant Pot