An easy 5-ingredient dump and press start recipe for the Instant Pot. Rice, chicken and black beans with lots of flavor.
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or bone-in chicken thighs, breasts or legs (frozen is okay)
- 2 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning (see note)
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Optional toppings: diced avocado, sour cream, grated cheddar, chopped cilantro
- Add chicken broth into the Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice. Place the chicken on top of the rice in a single layer, if possible. Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix and the taco seasoning on top of the chicken. Dump the beans on top.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Gently stir. Serve the chicken and rice with desired toppings.
Some taco seasonings are more potent than others. When I tried this with the Winco brand it seemed too strong with 2 Tbsp of taco seasoning. With the McCormicks brand in the big Costco container it was not as strong. I suggest starting with 1 Tbsp of taco seasoning and then adding more later if it is needed.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. For the 3 quart pot no changes are needed. For the 8 quart pot you will need to increase the broth to 2 cups and then the rice will be 1 ⅔ cup.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot