Ground beef and gravy served over creamy mashed potatoes and white toast.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 cups water
- 2 oz (2 packets or 6 Tbsp) brown gravy mix
- 1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- 6 slices white bread, toasted
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onions. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Pour in the water and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off saute setting. Sprinkle the gravy mix on top, don’t stir.
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket. Place the steamer basket into the pot on top of the meat.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time it up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the steamer basket and set it aside. Stir the meat well so that the gravy mixture is all dissolved.
- Pour the potatoes into a medium bowl. Use a potato mashed to mash well. Stir in the butter, milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble place a piece of toast on a plate, top with a couple scoops of potatoes and a ladle full of meat and gravy. Eat and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot