Penne pasta with polish sausage, sauerkraut and a creamy sauce. A fast and easy recipe that feeds a crowd and tastes great!
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) package polish sausage, sliced into quarter inch rounds
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz) box penne
- 1 (16 oz) jar sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the sausage and brown for a minute or so on each side.
- Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Dump in the penne, sauerkraut, Dijon, garlic and cream of mushroom soup, in that order without stirring.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Serve and enjoy. Top with a bit of shredded Swiss cheese, if desired.
If you’re a meat lover double the amount of sausage!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot