Saucy penne pasta with pepperoni, Italian sausage and mozzarella cheese. A fast and easy recipe!
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 ¾ cups chicken or beef broth
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta
- 2 (14 oz ) jars pizza sauce (or a 28 oz jar of pasta sauce)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 oz sliced pepperoni (about a half cup)
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the sausage and break it up*. Add in the onion. Brown the sausage for about 5 minutes. Add in garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Drain any grease.
- Add in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add in the pasta and press to submerge as much as possible but do not stir.
- Dump the pizza sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the sauce. Layer the pepperoni over the top. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Sprinkle cheeses on top and let melt. Stir and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Make in the 8 or 3 quart pot with no changes.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot