A meatloaf made quickly in your electric pressure cooker that is inspired by pepperoni pizza! Mozzarella and diced pepperoni are combined with lean ground beef to make a flavorful combination that kids and adults both love.
- 1 pound lean or extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (plus more for basting)
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella (plus more for melting)
- Combine the ingredients. In a bowl, using gloved or clean hands, mix together the beef, garlic powder, worcestershire, Italian seasoning, kosher salt, pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, tomato sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Form the meatloaf. On the top of a piece of non-stick foil form the meat mixture into a oblong shape that will fit inside your Instant Pot. Or you can use a pan* that will fit inside your Instant Pot and form the meatloaf into the shape of the pan. Cover the pan with foil
- Pour one cup water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place a trivet* in the bottom of the pot. Carefully lower the pan of the foil on top of the trivet. (Watch this video at minute 3 to get an idea of what this looks like).
- Cook: Cover the pot and lock the lid in place. Make sure valve is on sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes.
- Quick release: When the 20 minutes is up you can move the valve to venting and when all pressure is released open the pot. Carefully remove the meatloaf. The meatloaf may not look done and bit watery on top. The broiler step helps this immensely. If you’re worried about doneness use a thermometer to make sure the middle of the meatloaf is 160 degrees F.
- Broil: Place the foil/pan under the broiler for about one minute to dry out the meatloaf a bit. Then baste is with a little tomato sauce and put it under the broiler for another minute. Then sprinkle with a little grated mozzarella cheese and broil for one more minute.
- Serve. Serve the meatloaf and enjoy. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze the leftovers for a couple of months.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To form the meatloaf I used disposable gloves. I just order them off of amazon* and use them for kitchen tasks such as this one.
To lower my pan into my Instant Pot I made a homemade silicone sling out of a silicone baking mat* (I cut it into long strips about 4 inches by 26 inches).
You can get creative with this recipe and add in more pizza flavors such as green peppers and olives.
You can make mashed potatoes at the same time and in the same pot as the meatloaf. You’ll need 10-12 small to medium yellow yukon gold potatoes, 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp kosher salt, 2 garlic cloves, peeled, 2 cups water, 3 Tbsp butter, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup milk. Wash the potatoes and cut them into quarters. Place them in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add in the bay leaf, 1 tsp kosher salt and garlic cloves. Pour in the water. Place the trivet on top of the potatoes with the handles facing up and place meatloaf (in foil) on top of trivet. Remove the trivet. Discard the bay leaf. Drain all the water out of the pot. Add in the butter, sour cream and milk. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 566 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Protein: 28 g