This recipe is full of all the good things you love–cream cheese, peanut butter, chocolate and Reese’s mini peanut butter cups. Plus this cheesecake is made in the electric pressure cooker which cooks the dessert evenly and produces a perfect result with no cracking on the top of the cheesecake!
For the crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter
For the cheesecake:
- 16 oz cream cheese (2 bricks)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
For the chocolate topping:
- 3 oz dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp milk
- 2 tsp corn syrup
- Mini peanut butter cups, for decorating
- Melt the butter in a medium bowl. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs. Spray a 7 inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. Press the crumb mixture in the bottom of the pan and 1 inch up the sides of the pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar, cocoa, salt and peanut butter. Use a hand mixer to mix until smooth. Mix in vanilla. Add in eggs one at a time. Don’t overmix. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place your cheesecake on top of a trivet. Carefully lower the trivet into the bottom of the pot. Loosely cover the cheesecake with foil.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Press the manual pressure cook button and set the timer to 25 minutes (high pressure). When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then move the valve to “venting.” Open the pot and carefully remove the pan and trivet.
- Let it the pan cool on the trivet on the counter for an hour. Then cover the pan with foil or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Prepare the chocolate topping by melting the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave for one minute. Stir. Microwave in 15 second segments until totally melted. Stirring each time. Stir in the milk and corn syrup until smooth. Pour the mixture over the top of the cheesecake and spread with a spatula over the top and the sides of the cake. Decorate the top of the cake with unwrapped peanut butter cups.
Click here for the slow cooker version of this recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot