Shredded roast beef and cubed potatoes are cooked inside biscuit dough and then drizzled with beef gravy.
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 (16.3 oz) cans Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the roast into four quarters. Add roast and water into Instant Pot. Sprinkle the roast with the onion soup mix. Place the potatoes in a pan that fits in your Instant Pot (or cover them with foil) and place the pan on top of the roast.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 50 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 15 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the potatoes and set aside to cool.
- Move the beef to a cutting board and shred.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes or shred like hash browns.
- Press or roll each biscuit to form a 6 inch round. Spoon about ¼ cup beef and 2 Tbsp of potatoes into the middle of the rolled out biscuit.
- Fold dough in half over the filling. Press the edges with a fork to seal. Use fork to poke 2 or 3 holes in the top of the pasty.
- Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the biscuits.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- While pasties are baking make a gravy. Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. With the liquid and drippings that remain in the pot you’ll make a gravy. In a bowl stir together the melted butter and flour together until smooth. Add in a quarter cup of the drippings. Stir until smooth. Repeat. Then add the mixture into the Instant Pot. The contents of the pot should thicken up in a couple of minutes. Whisk constantly. When gravy is thick turn off the Instant Pot. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the baked pasties with gravy drizzled on top.
You can easily halve this recipe. Use half the amount of ingredients but keep the water amount the same. Cooking time will remain the same.
This would be a PERFECT recipe to make with leftover roast beef and baked potatoes. Start with instruction #5.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot