Your favorite soup from Olive Garden made quickly at home in your pressure cooker. White and red beans, ground beef, tomatoes and pasta in a savory broth.
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded or diced carrots (I used 3 medium carrots)
- 1 cup diced celery (I used 3 celery ribs)
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp better than bouillon beef base*
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 oz) can light red kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 oz) can great northern beans, with liquid
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 6 oz ditalini pasta, uncooked
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Parsley, for garnish
- Turn your Instant Pot onto the “saute” function to the highest setting. When the pot is hot, add in the ground beef and brown. Break the beef up with a wooden spoon and let it brown. Lightly salt and pepper the meat. Add in the onion and garlic. Stir until the onion is translucent. Drain off excess grease. (I used 85% lean ground beef so there was a bit of grease, if you use leaner there will be less grease).
- Add in the carrots, celery, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, better than bouillon, water, kidney beans, great northern beans, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, thyme and apple juice.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Press the Soup Button (high pressure) and set the timer to 5 minutes. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” When the timer beeps let the pot sit there for an additional 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- While the soup is pressure cooking cook the pasta according to directions on package. Drain and set aside.
- Open the lid and stir the soup. Ladle into bowls and add desired amount of pasta into each bowl. Top with Parmesan cheese and a bit of parsley.
Can I halve the recipe?–yes. It’s kind of a pain to only use half a can of beans though. So what I would suggest is leaving out the Great Northern beans and just using one can of kidney beans.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot