There are many amazing things about an Instant Pot®, and one of them is this delicious Parmesan Risotto. No longer do you have to stand over a skillet stirring constantly. Now you can get dinner on the table and get done whatever it is that you need to get done, all
without breaking a sweat.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Press the Saute button on Instant Pot®. Add and melt the butter. Add the onion and stir fry for 3–5 minutes until onions are translucent. Add garlic and rice and cook for an additional minute. Add 1 cup broth and stir for 2–3 minutes until it is absorbed by the rice.
- Add remaining 3 cups broth, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Lock lid.
- Press the Manual button and adjust time to 10 minutes. When timer beeps, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Quick release any additional pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish each with 1?8 cup fresh parsley (I garnished mine with green onions).
Excerpted from The I Love My Instant Pot© Recipe Book: From Trail Mix Oatmeal to Mongolian Beef BBQ, 175 Easy and Delicious Recipes by Michelle Fagone (CavegirlCuisine.com). Used by permission of the publisher, Adams Media, a division of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved. Photography by James Stefiuk.
Michelle Fagone is a mother of two young girls, an entrepreneur, and an avid Paleo food chef. She has a passion for healthy living and for sharing her unique insights via her recipes, her blog, and now her five cookbooks. Despite being a southern gal at heart, her travel and food experiences as a Navy brat and current Army spouse, have enabled a unique appreciation for worldly flavors. While comfort is the basis for most of her recipes, you will often find a twist of exciting flavors and combinations which makes her recipes not only appealing to a broad audience, but uniquely delicious!
What is Arborio Rice?
Arborio rice is a short-grained, starchy rice that lends itself so well to those creamy risotto dishes. Named for the city it was originally grown in, Arborio rice blends well with a multitude of flavors. Not only do savory dishes work well with this variety, but Arborio rice is also a great choice for rice pudding.