A creamy dreamy lemon-y sauce that envelopes fettuccine noodles. You can add chicken breast or leave it meatless, it’s up to you. This dinner takes just minutes to make with your electric pressure cooker.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz uncooked fettuccine noodles
- Optional: 1 pound of chicken cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 cup grated/shredded parmesan cheese
- Optional: cornstarch
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. When the display reads HOT add in the butter. Once the butter is melted add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add in 1 Tbsp of the lemon juice. Add in the chicken broth. Break the fettuccine noodles in half and lay them in the pot. The liquid should cover them almost completely. If using chicken add in the pieces of chicken on top of the noodles and sprinkle them with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. If not using chicken don’t add in the salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot and make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the timer beeps let the pot sit there for at least 5-10 minutes before moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid and stir.
- Add in the half and half, parmesan cheese and the 2 Tbsp of lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. It will be a little bit liquid-y but if you turn on the saute function the pasta will absorb the sauce. You can also thicken the sauce with a cornstarch slurry. Mix 1-2 Tbsp of cornstarch with equal parts cold water. Stir the mixture into the pot. The sauce will thicken almost instantly.
- Serve the noodles and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
You can use other types of pasta besides fettuccine. Cavatappi, orecchiette, bowties or linguine would work well.
If you don’t have half and half you can also use half milk and half cream.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe (no chicken)
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 278 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Protein: 18 g