A copy cat recipe for Panda’s chow mein…only it’s made faster, easier and cheaper in your Instant Pot.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced thinly
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 8 oz thin spaghetti
- 8 oz chopped cabbage (about 3–4 cups)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the onion and celery and sauté for about 4-5 minutes. Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off sauté setting.
- Break the spaghetti in half and lay it in a criss cross pattern in the broth.
- Cover the spaghetti with the cabbage.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes. Then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the soy sauce and the oyster sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also use a 3 or 8 quart pot.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes (plus 5-10 minute NPR)
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot