With just a handful of ingredients you can make a creamy and zesty pasta and chicken in your Instant Pot. An easy weeknight dump and go recipe!
- 1 ½ pounds uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (16 oz) box penne pasta (uncooked)
- ¾ cup Olive Garden Signature Italian Salad Dressing
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth (or water + better than bouillon)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 (6.7 oz) jar sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped (optional)
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp water
- Add chicken to bottom of Instant Pot in an even layer. Then layer with the pasta, dressing, broth, pepper and cream cheese. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the tomatoes, basil and parmesan cheese.
- If sauce is too runny then make a cornstarch slurry. Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. In a small bowl stir together 1 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1-2 Tbsp of water, until smooth.Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly. Turn off Instant Pot. Scoop into bowls and serve.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot