An easy beef stew recipe with only 6 ingredients! Tender chunks of beef, carrots, celery and potatoes in a savory sauce. Perfect comfort food.
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound beef chuck roast, cut into small 1/2 inch pieces (or stew meat)
- 1 onion soup mix packet
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 pound potatoes (peeled or unpeeled), cubed
- 1 (10 oz) can Campbells condensed tomato soup
- Potato flakes or Cornstarch, if needed
- Add water, beef and onion soup mix into Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. Perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Add in carrots, celery and potatoes.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up allow the pot to sit for a full natural pressure release or about 15 minutes. Then remove the lid.
- Stir in the tomato soup. If needed you can thicken the stew. You can use a couple tablespoons of instant potato flakes to thicken the stew or you can make a cornstarch slurry. To make a slurry, turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. In a small bowl stir together 1 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1-2 Tbsp of water, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with crusty bread. Salt and pepper to taste.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot