That easy 3-ingredient chicken and rice recipe from your childhood that has cream of mushroom soup in it. Only this time it’s made in your Instant Pot.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (frozen is okay)
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pour the brown rice evenly into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Pour in the water. Place the chicken evenly on top. Scoop the cream of mushroom soup over the top of the chicken (try not to let the soup touch bottom of Instant Pot). Sprinkle the chicken with paprika and pepper.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir the chicken and rice together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Instead of cream of mushroom you can use cream of chicken soup in its place.
I haven’t tried this recipe with white rice yet. But if I did I would use 1 cup white rice and 1.5 cups water. Plus I would use thawed chicken breasts that are 1 inch thick (or sliced to be 1 inch thick). Then I would cook for 5 minutes with a 10 minute NPR.
See here for a recipe that is similar to this but without the cream of mushroom soup.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. If you want to use an 8 quart pot you can 1 ½ times the recipe for optimal cooking results. You can also make this in a 3 quart pot. Just increase the cooking time by 2 minutes.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot