- 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- Optional: 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger root
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp cold water
- Turn Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the chicken and lightly brown it for about 2 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the mushrooms and green beans (and water chestnuts, if using). In a bowl whisk together broth, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and brown sugar. Pour the mixture into the Instant Pot.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes. Then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. In a small bowl stir together 3 Tbsp of cornstarch with 3 Tbsp of water, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly. Turn off the Instant Pot
- Serve chicken, sauce and vegetables over rice.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1. Make it in 8 quart pot with no changes or halve the recipe in 3 quart pot, same cooking time.
Slow Cooker Instructions: Add chicken, garlic, mushrooms, water chestnuts, green beans into slow cooker. In a bowl whisk together broth, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and brown sugar. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Remove lid. In a small bowl stir together 3 Tbsp of cornstarch with 3 Tbsp of water, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Turn slow cooker to high and cook without the lid for 30 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot