Creamy chicken spaghetti with lots of flavor from Monterey jack cheese, seasonings and french-fried onions. This recipe is going to instantly be a family favorite!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces
- 4 cups loosely packed spinach
- 2 cups chopped, cooked rotisserie chicken (or 1 pound raw chicken, cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1–2 cups (4–8 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese, depending how cheesy you like it
- 2 cups french-fried onions, divided
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Add the spaghetti in a criss-cross pattern. Dump the spinach and chicken on top. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes.
- While the food is pressure cooking stir the sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, pepper, egg and parmesan cheese together until smooth and creamy.
- When time is up on the Instant Pot let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the sour cream mixture, Monterey jack cheese and 1 cup of the french-fried onions.
- Sprinkle the remaining french-fried onions on top. If you have an air fryer lid, air fry for 3 minutes at 325 degrees. If you don’t have an air fryer lid you can scrape the mixture into a baking dish and bake with the crispy onions on top for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot