Potato slices that are crispy, browned potatoes on the outside and creamy mashed potato-like on the inside. Use your Instant Pot to speed up the process of making this Pinterest sensation!
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Wash potatoes and scrub clean. Square off the ends of the potatoes and cut crosswise into 3/4 to 1 inch thick disks.
- Turn Instant Pot to the saute setting and adjust it to the “normal” setting. When display says HOT add in the butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme. Let the butter melt.
- Add potato slices into the Instant Pot in one even layer. Cook on one side for 5 minutes and then flip over and cook on the other side for 5 minutes. Use tongs to move the potatoes out of the pot and onto a plate.
- Pour in the chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Cancel off the saute setting.
- Place a trivet/rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the potatoes on top of the trivet in an even layer. Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute on high pressure. When the time is up move the valve to venting and remove the lid (quick release). Remove the potatoes and the trivet.
- Turn Instant Pot to the saute setting (normal) and let the broth simmer for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes back into the pot in an even, single layer. Cook for 3 minutes then flip the potatoes and cook for 3 more minutes on the other side.
- Move the potatoes to a plate and serve immediately.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot