Tender chicken in a creamy sauce served over rice. All made together in your pressure cooker.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 1 Tbsp cold water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
For pot-in-pot rice (optional):
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- Trim chicken thighs of excess fat. Add the chicken into the Instant Pot. Sprinkle the chicken with the poultry seasoning, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and smoked paprika. Stir so that the chicken is coated in the seasonings.
- Pour in the broth.
- For pot-in-pot rice: Place a tall trivet into the Instant Pot. In a pot-in-pot dish add the rice and water. Place the dish on top of the trivet.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes (fresh chicken) or 15 minutes (frozen chicken). When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- In a small bowl stir together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Add the cornstarch slurry into the pot. Add in the heavy cream. Stir until sauce has thickened a bit. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Taste test and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot